6.04.2013

From the Garden

I didn't get around to thinning my strawberries this year. I am planning on adding a whole bunch of raised beds. For a multitude of reasons, the beds I thought would be done in April, are still not even started. Life is too busy! Sigh. Anyway, I was going to thin the strawberries as I moved them to the new beds. Since I kept thinking that was imminent ....

Now we have LOTS of strawberries and I think we will probably pick at least this many each day for a good while. I knew they wouldn't be large, due to my neglect but hoped they would at least be good. They are very juicy and sweet and after a quick rinse are perfect for topping cereal or adding to a salad and you can't beat picking them at the peak of ripeness and eating them within minutes.


2 comments:

Ruth said...

Mmmm! The smaller ones are the sweetest. Lucky you!

Corinne said...

I've never even thought to thin my strawberries. I'm sure I wouldn't make the time to do it anyway.

Now my mouth is watering......