
About a week ago, I took Emily in to get her eyes tested. Not that I thought she couldn't see well, but Rick and I require "corrective lenses" and Rebekah was 5 when she got hers, so I just thought the odds were that she would need them.
The whole way there in the car, she was complaining "I see fine," "I don't need to get my eyes tested," "I don't want to get glasses," and so on. THEN, we got there. While we waited she tried on several pairs and she checked herself out in the mirror and it became "OOOH, I hope I need glasses."
Well, she did need them. Barely. The optometrist said she's a little far-sighted, and it will probably self correct as she grows (since people generally become a little more near-sighted as they grow.) We maybe could have even not worried about getting the glasses, but he said she could use them for reading, coloring, writing and computer work (close-up stuff.) Since she's practicing reading and writing, and spends HOURS coloring - we got them. FYI - he also said kids should get their eyes routinely tested at 9 months, 3 years and 5 years. (I'm not taking the babe. I'll take Jacob when he's 3.)
They actually arrived at the optometrist last Friday, but I didn't have a chance to collect them until today. She was very excited, and I think she looks really sweet in them.
Here's a picture of Jacob, because he has to have his picture taken too and copies EVERYTHING Emy does.

3 comments:
Tell Emily I think she looks great in her glasses. ~Emma
omigosh she just transformed into a young lady with those on! I swear she could do algebra now.
very proper and cute
Adorable. I need to get the number of your doctor. I have a feeling someone else is going to want cute glasses too! And with her genetic makeup is bound to have them. It's a matter of time!
Post a Comment