9.14.2006

Seasons

The seasons are just the right length for me. I am sooo excited when each one begins, and by the time I'm sick of it - it's just about over. I love them all, but if I had to choose a favorite, it would be Autumn (Fall). I love the colors of the leaves changing, I love the cool crisp mornings with clear blue sky, I love that you can wear layers (but still don't have to look like you're venturing to the arctic), it's just all pretty great.

I also get happy that I can use my oven and not turn our house into a sauna (if we ever leave NY, it will be the weather that drives us away.) Emily is taking the snack for her kindergarten class tomorrow, and I have a batch of pumpkin choc chip cookies in the oven right now (Sara P's recipe - the BEST.) It brings me such joy when the house is warm and smells like cinnamon and nutmeg. For having not grown up in the US, I also really love Halloween and Thanksgiving, and knowing that they are coming makes me giddy.

1 comment:

Gabrielle of Design Mom said...

I'm with you on being excited for the upcoming holidays. All we talk about around the Blair house is costume ideas.