I love water - cold, but no ice. It's my favorite drink. I am pretty strict about not giving my kids anything but breastmilk until they are over 6 months old, but I make an exception for water. Water, I start at 5 months. Jane will be 5 months old on the 16th, and she is getting ready. All of them at about this age start to notice that shiny clear glass heading to my mouth. They track it, and then start to reach for it. Since I hold my babies so much, it's an experience they see repeated many times over. Jane is doing that now - watching, fascinated and then hurriedly grabbing at the glass as it starts to descend. I am excited to introduce her to this wonderful, abundant & healthy experience. I hope, like her 3 older siblings and I, this will become a lifelong joy.
10.05.2006
Water
I love water - cold, but no ice. It's my favorite drink. I am pretty strict about not giving my kids anything but breastmilk until they are over 6 months old, but I make an exception for water. Water, I start at 5 months. Jane will be 5 months old on the 16th, and she is getting ready. All of them at about this age start to notice that shiny clear glass heading to my mouth. They track it, and then start to reach for it. Since I hold my babies so much, it's an experience they see repeated many times over. Jane is doing that now - watching, fascinated and then hurriedly grabbing at the glass as it starts to descend. I am excited to introduce her to this wonderful, abundant & healthy experience. I hope, like her 3 older siblings and I, this will become a lifelong joy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Do you give it straight out of the cup? Or in a sippy cup? I have found in the past that 5 month olds are a little more flexible than six. I've got to start with mine!
I give it to them right from my glass. That way I can easily see when it's near their mouth, and give them little sips. I am not so big on sippy cups, and have taught all of my kids to drink from a regular cup from the start.
Post a Comment