12.30.2006

7 months old

It's been hectic here, and it's taken me a while to post this. Jane turned 7 months old on the 16th of December. She weighs 19lbs, and is about 28" long - bigger than Emily was at 1yr! She's been crawling all over the place since just after turning 6 months, and is now pulling up to stand.



She also started eating solid foods. None of my kids have liked commercial baby food (do you blame them?), although I do occasionally use it for convenience if we're traveling. This is some of the butternut squash we grew in our garden this summer. I roast it, then pureed it & froze it in ice cube trays. It's how I always make baby food, and they seem to like that much better. She has also been eating small amounts of food from my plate that I just smash with a fork. Now that the holiday season is over, I'll get more consistent with feeding her, and give her one meal a day of solids.


She's also learned a few trick from her big brother!



2 comments:

Mumsy said...

She's darling. I love all those great pictures.

Anonymous said...

She's so cute. I wonder when she'll take those first steps? Earlier then Emily?