1.25.2007

Labor Intensive Meal

We don't eat green beans very much. I'm not sure why - we all like them, I just never seem to think of them when I'm doing our meal planning.
We DO eat edamame (in the pod) all the time.
So the other night we did actually have green beans. I walked into the kitchen to get water for everyone, and came back to see that Jacob had very carefully peeled open about half of his, eaten the very tiny beans from inside and discarded the outside. So cute! Can you imagine, if that's really how you had to eat those? Once I showed him you eat the whole thing, he was fine with it - but I'm wondering what this will mean the next time we have edamame?

See his blue baseball hat on the chair? He wears that thing EVERYWHERE. I have had to insist "no hats at the table" and "no hats in bed." He is fascinated with baseball - I'm not really sure how he even knows what it is. Rick said he'll take him to a few games in the spring.

Like I said - all boy ....


1 comment:

liz said...

zane does the same thing to green beans and I was just thinking the same thing this morning- why do i keep forgetting about green beans?