3.05.2007

Big Belly

Over at Adventures in Babywearing every one's showing off their belly's. Here I am (on the right) with my sister-in-law who was 2 weeks more pregnant than me! Look at my round belly! I'm pregnant with Jacob, this is in August - he was born in October - so you can just imagine how huge I was at the end.

Oh look! No need to imagine. Here I am on my last midwife visit (Emily always did the doppler for the midwife.) You seriously can't see me over the belly! Doesn't Em look little?


And again, about 35 weeks with Jane.

I have some beautiful bare belly pics I had professionally taken when I was pregnant with Emily, but they're not digital, and I haven't got around to scanning them.

Oh, and for the record;

Rebekah 8lbs, homebirth, all natural

Emily - 8lbs, birth center, all natural

Jacob - 9lbs 2oz, birth center, all natural

Jane - 7lbs 3oz, birth center, all natural

(but they did break my water with Jane, and I had an IV for the 1st time for antibiotics, because I was B strep positive.)

9 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

You are amazing! I love to read all those all natural births! Wow! And you look great, too!

Thanks for playing along!
Steph

Anonymous said...

Go team Natural Birth!! LOL. You look like you're glowing in these pics! Wonderful!!

Michelle said...

Beautiful pix!

So did you have your homebirth first and then switch to BC?

Tania said...

Yes, I LOVED my homebirth - but my husband was kind of freaked out by it. After Jacob he said we could plan a homebirth for the 4th, but I knew he'd be worried (not that anything went wrong with my homebirth - he's just a worrier)and wanted him to enjoy the experience too & not be on edge the whole time. I'm an RN and have worked in birth centers, I loved my midwife & was happy to do the birth center again - so we did. I highly recommend homebirth though.

liz said...

wow I didn't realize you were so big at the time- but you were ALL BELLY for sure.

luckeeeeeeeeeeee

Glass Half Full said...

How on earth do our little ones fit in our bodies???? AMAZING!

eryka said...

Wow! I didn't realize you were a home birth/natural birth girl. Do you recommend any books on natural birth? I'm super impressed. I hope its ok that I'm reading your blog.

Laura B. said...

You make pregnancy look good Tania!

Lizzy said...

i love hearing women happy with their natural births. mine have been so great and i wish everyone that could would just once! i hope to have access to a birthing center next time!