Sara and her kids left last Saturday, Jeni & her girls the previous Sunday. Cousin-Fest 2007 is over, and it was GREAT fun.
It's been a crazy week. I had knee surgery on Thursday, so knew I only had until Wednesday to get everything all caught up and back into a routine (I think I did - with the exception of my office, of course - it's always a mess.)
While she was here Sara was brave enought to have all 7 kids on her own so Rick and I could have a getaway alone here -
Castle on the Hudson, not far from our home. It was SO wonderful. We did laugh that we escaped for a romantic weekend, and the best part of the trip was the 10 1/2 hours of uninterupted sleep we got (that hasn't happened for me for about 3 years) - I guess that's just the stage of life we're in! We went there because a friend (who owns a restaurant) recommeded it & told us that the food there was good. It was! The restaurant (Equus) was really very good, and it was delightful to take our time eating, talking, and relaxing, and not feel like we had to race home to the kids or a not be too late for a babysitter.Thanks Sara, you're the best.
I'll post more of our cousin adventures this week.
2 comments:
Looks amazing! But I'd also be happy to have the chance to take care of those 7 kids right now too - I miss them all!
Wow! So glad you had a chance to "getaway" and spend some good quality one on one time.
Mum
Post a Comment