Jane and I are heading to the hospital tomorrow morning (we need to be there by 6:30am) for her dental work. She's scheduled to go under at 7:30 - they said it will take 3-4 hours, then recovery.
Every time I've thought about it today, I've cried; at the image of her tiny little body on a table (or whatever they'll use), wondering if her jaw will hurt from being held open that long, thinking about the IV being placed, wondering if she'd be scared, wondering if I could stay happy enough so she didn't pick up fear from me, etc, etc. I had to make myself stop thinking about it.
I know this is really not a big deal, in the scheme of things - it's a trip to the dentist, with complications. Yet, it is a big deal, when it's your baby. I don't know how people with kids with real illness or chronic illness do it .....
I'll post later about how it goes. I'd love it if you could remember our sweet little Janie in your prayers.
Every time I've thought about it today, I've cried; at the image of her tiny little body on a table (or whatever they'll use), wondering if her jaw will hurt from being held open that long, thinking about the IV being placed, wondering if she'd be scared, wondering if I could stay happy enough so she didn't pick up fear from me, etc, etc. I had to make myself stop thinking about it.
I know this is really not a big deal, in the scheme of things - it's a trip to the dentist, with complications. Yet, it is a big deal, when it's your baby. I don't know how people with kids with real illness or chronic illness do it .....
I'll post later about how it goes. I'd love it if you could remember our sweet little Janie in your prayers.
2 comments:
aw. sorry Jane you have to go thru this. kids should just never have to have anything wrong ever!
;-(
you're a good mom. and jane you're in my prayers tonight, as is your mother.
Post a Comment