1.30.2008

Man, I love this kid!

I have really been enjoying Jacob a lot lately. Make no mistake, he is still a HANDFUL, and I am always exhausted - but I also just get such a kick out of him. His speech has really improved and it's fun to be able to have more discussions with him, and get a glimpse of what goes on in his head.

Here are a few recent favorite moments with Jacob;

* Having some loose stools he told me "Mom, I have melting poop."

* He carried a barbie doll in a very fancy get-up everywhere for 3 straight days and called her "my princess."

* Making dinner in the kitchen while he sat coloring at the dining table. I hear "Sorry Mom, I never ever do it again!" He had taken one of Jane's hair clips, and scratched many gouge marks into the wood.

* Having multiple discussions where I tell him that rays ARE NOT sharks, they are their cousins. He is still not convinced - he pointed out they have no blow hole and do have gills. Why wouldn't they be sharks? I love his self confidence!

* Walking into the basement in time to catch him standing on the train table dancing, and belting out some Hannah Montana (while watching himself in the patio doors.)

* That he cannot, for the life of him, remember how to say "skiing" - so he calls it "ice skating" every time!

* All the cuddles, and kisses and "I love you"s. He is such an affectionate boy.

* Watching him play with his sisters. He and Jane are such buddies, and he adores and copies the big girls.

* He has tried everyday for a week to convince me that it is OK to go to the beach in the wintertime.

* Seeing him get better at setting the table and making his bed and having pride in being able to do his own jobs.

I love you Jake!


8 comments:

Corinne said...

I love that little boy, too. Give him a big hug and kiss for me. I think 3 is the greatest age!

liz said...

SO cute!

Z just got his first umbrella this week and it cracks me up to watch him hold it alone. such a big boy. i need to go write about it before i forget. thanks for the reminder.

LOVE that shot!

Anonymous said...

what a cutie and what a lucky boy to have a mom who recognizes all just how adorable he is!

Liesa said...

Tan, I think it is so good you recognise the joy in what you do everyday with your kids. I love your enthusiasm for them and your positive attitude. I know I know nothing else, but I just get such a kick out of having boys too. The dynamics with Jacob will be a little different from my boys though as he has sisters..I don't think my boys know what barbies...or princesses are!

Tara said...

That makes me miss Jacob. I wish we lived closer so I could see your kids more often. I love the picture.

Jeni said...

sweet!

Brooke said...

Very cute--it is nice to have those moments with the ones that challenge us so much!

Mum and Dad said...

We just love this picture. It's so great that you find such joy in ordinary moments. We love that you enjoy being a Mum just as much as we enjoyed you!