We went to Stew's on Monday for a few things. When we got to the bananas, they were all green. Maybe Jacob hasn't ever seen green bananas before, or maybe just not noticed them. He was a little freaked out.
I was a good mother and took the opportunity to explain to him about how lots of different kinds of fruit are grown on trees. Bananas grow on trees and start off green, when they are ready to eat they turn yellow. Sometimes people pick them before they are all the way ready, so they can send them far away - but they'll still turn yellow, and that's when we can eat them.
After we got home, I was unpacking things and putting them away. I heard Jane calling Jacob to come and play. Then his response "I can't Jane, I waiting for the 'nanas to turn yellow."
He was standing stock still, and staring at them intently, so as not to miss it. Cute boy, he must have though it was some kind of wonderful food magic. I explained how it happens slowly, and would take a few days. He left to play, disappointed, but more enlightened.
After we got home, I was unpacking things and putting them away. I heard Jane calling Jacob to come and play. Then his response "I can't Jane, I waiting for the 'nanas to turn yellow."
9 comments:
You shouldn't have told him how long it takes and seen how much quiet time you got out of it! I'm only kidding . . . . sort of.
I love it!
He is so sweet!
He's such a cute kid. Wish we could see him more often.
LOL!!!!
Zane takes thing super literal all the time and it cracks me up.
This week he asked me how the orange turned into a lemon (we had a similar conversation about oranges grow on trees).
he is seriously cute!
I'm with you Cori!! (Mum's of boys)
I do love how literal Jacob is though!
I love reading your blog Tania and obviously love all of the kids and their cute ways, but jacob really gets me. He cracks me up! I don't know how you get all of these photo's though. And with such a lack of time, how do you find time to blog so much? I love being able to see all that is going on in your lives though. Love ya.
Isn't life wonderful!
Post a Comment