4.24.2008

Conversations with Jacob

I really, truly wish that I could record every single conversation I have with Jacob.

He is just at at such a great age, and for all the mischief he gets into and the multiple times each day I have to chase him (with Jane following ) up the road because they've "escaped" - I would never trade the experience of having a son and getting his perspective on the world.

Here are a few memorable one's from this week -


At the park. After finding a dead raccoon in the bushes, and being given dire warnings to stay away from it;

J; "Mom, we found another dead thing! A squirrel!"
Me; "Jacob, you need to stay away from it."
J; "Yeah, I'll only touch it with my stick."
Me; "You are not allowed to touch any dead things. OK, you understand - no touching any dead animals."
J; "Uh-huh, only touch live one's."
Me; (giggling quietly to self) "Actually, I don't want you to touch live one's either. No touching any animals that you see in the park."
J; "We just touch pets?"
Me; "You got it."


Coming home in the car from the city -
He was telling us how he really wants to go in a kayak.
I'm not even sure how he knows what one is!

"You put on a helmet, you go over a waterfall, you go down into the water - then you pop back up. I going to do that."
Pause
"It's best, if you do it in a dirty pond."


He has been calling me "Tania" for the past 2 weeks. I'm ignoring it and hoping the novelty will wear off if I don't make a big deal of it, but now Jane has started as well - so I may have to nip it in the bud!


He almost always refers to himself as " Jacob, the big boy" when telling a story or relating something that happened.

6 comments:

Jeni said...

I feel the same about Luke. Mark and I often say that we wish we could just record him ALL the time. They are so great!

Emma said...

He's so cute.

Tara said...

I teach the 4-5 year old kids in Primary, but during Sharing Time I'm constantly laughing at how cute the two little sunbeam boys are. I wish I could adopt them, they're so gorgeous. I'm sure Jacob is just the same.

Corinne said...

I love when you post your conversations with Jacob. I love reading Ethan's journal from when he was three. It really is such a cute age.

Liesa said...

Cute Tan. They are so inquisitive at that age aren't they? It's funny how when they reach teenage years, the conversations are not quite so amusing!!

Mum and Dad said...

Jacob is lucky having you as a Mum. I say cute things all the time and your Mum ignores me.

Dad