5.17.2008

Jane's birthday

Jane was so super-cute about her birthday, I thought I'd post more pictures. I've actually never known a two-year old to have such an understanding of what a birthday is. She was really excited about it, and called it "my happy." Maybe she gets it from me, because I love birthdays!

Here she is in her "birthday girl" shirt. What a cute little 2 year old! When we went to the bakery to pick up her cake, they saw the cupcakes and begged for one. I bought one to share, and thought the 3 of us would have a little trial run, pre-birthday at lunch .... when my back was turned, Jacob carried it to the table. Well, the table was the goal. We cut the side off it and sang & ate it anyway!
We kept Jacob far away from the real cake.

Jane sure thought it was yummy!
Then onto the presents -
She totally knew how to unwrap.

Emy gave her a new birthday outfit for her Bitty Baby. (They both love their Bitty Babies.)

Lots of new play food from us, Grandparents and bek (who wasn't home & gave it to her the next day.) Jane loves to pretend cook.Jacob gave her a small Diego doll, and a "rescue pack" - which Jane calls "rescue pack-pack."
They both love Diego - but Jane REALLY loves Diego.
Our friend, Anne, has a really orange one of these backpacks - but they must not make them anymore, because we couldn't find one. We're hoping that the salmon color of this one will be close enough for Jane to think it is authentic. Jacob has a navy blue one, they can use them this fall when they go to pre-school.
A special present from Mom -
A super cape, like Jacobs. When she opened it and saw the orange she exclaimed "Diego flying!"
A test flight.

They wear them every day. Jane having her own should cut down on the fighting (I hope.)
The lightning bolt is what I had originally planned for Jacob's - with a J over it (like Grover's, on Sesame Street), but it wasn't a wide enough letter to look good - so I went with the shield. Jane's plain lightning bolt looks good, and since her letter is also J, the capes should be interchangeable. In theory. In reality, they will probably never share.
We do lots of flying around here.

She also got her own scooter - she can actually ride this great little one. Now when everyone else is out riding bikes, she won't feel left out.

Jacob also appreciates the scooter (darn it!)
So, she got all her hearts desires and why not - she's the baby of the family after all!

5 comments:

Karen said...

How pleased does she look with all her presents?! So lovely to see.

Ruth said...

Fantastic pictures! I could look at them all day.

Angela said...

You are right, Tania, she really does look older lately! Not a baby anymore. What a doll!

Liesa said...

I love the action shots. I guess you are back to locking all your windows now Jane thinks she can fly too! So cute.

Emma said...

Seeing Jane on that scooter makes her seem so big!