
Jacob LOVES sharks, I mean this boy really LOVES sharks. So when we saw this book on our trip to Mystic I snapped it up. I love books & movies for him where the sharks are kind or friendly (like in Finding Nemo.) Plus, the author's name is Jane - how can I not love a book written by someone named Jane? Lovely illustrations too.
It has proven to be pretty handy lately. Gilbert the great white shark has a very best friend Raymond the ramora. They have been best friends since Gilbert was a pup. They play finball and tide & seek (cute.) They share everything together. But one day, Raymond moves away with his family and Gilbert is left alone. He grieves the loss of his friend for quite some time, while several in the community try to cheer him up. But life just isn't the same without Raymond ... and Gilbert finds himself working through the grieving process. In the end he begins to hope that Raymond is enjoying his new home, and then makes a new friend.
Gilbert the Great has been a helpful story for my little boy grieving the loss of his buddy Colin. I recommend it for anyone who's friend has moved, who loves sharks, or just as a cute book to read to your kiddos.
It has proven to be pretty handy lately. Gilbert the great white shark has a very best friend Raymond the ramora. They have been best friends since Gilbert was a pup. They play finball and tide & seek (cute.) They share everything together. But one day, Raymond moves away with his family and Gilbert is left alone. He grieves the loss of his friend for quite some time, while several in the community try to cheer him up. But life just isn't the same without Raymond ... and Gilbert finds himself working through the grieving process. In the end he begins to hope that Raymond is enjoying his new home, and then makes a new friend.
Gilbert the Great has been a helpful story for my little boy grieving the loss of his buddy Colin. I recommend it for anyone who's friend has moved, who loves sharks, or just as a cute book to read to your kiddos.
No comments:
Post a Comment