One thing I love about Utah is how easy it is to shop. Not all-day-long-at-the-mall-for-myself kind of shopping, just buying groceries or running in somewhere for a pack of diapers.
Everything is big and clean, and has free parking. There's also more choice than almost anywhere else I've seen. The cereal isle at Super-Target is bigger than my entire grocery store. OK, maybe I'm exaggerating a little - but shopping there is a pleasure.
So how happy was I when we were buying shampoo to come across this great Batman mask for $3! They are made out of surprisingly strong plastic. I bought 4, one each for my little monkeys and one as a back up in case Bek wants one or one breaks
(I said they seemed surprisingly strong - not Jacob proof!)
Bat-baby.
So, with all that fabric around how could I resist but make a cape for Colin's birthday?
He loves yellow so I wanted to do it in yellow - but it wouldn't work with a yellow lightening bolt. I considered an orange lightening bolt on yellow with the red C, then nixed that idea and decided to use yellow for the liner.
Here's Jacob modeling it. Well not so much modeling as just goofing off while I take pictures!
We also got pirate flags, and pretend gold doubloons (heavy & metal, so they feel real) and for Emily - authentic leather moccasins all when we were at Wall Drug in South Dakota.
Is it weird that we go on vacation & all we buy for souvenirs is dress-ups for our kids?
Our dress-up drawer runeth over - and that makes us all happy.
5 comments:
we love the colin cape, it's so great! very cool bat masks, jane looks adorable.
I can't believe you can just whip these things up in between taffy making and pioneer day festivals. The cape looks really good and Jacob looks so big.
That last pose of Jacob totally looks like a catalog pose! Very cute.
Amen to the shopping in Utah. That bat-baby picture makes me really happy.
Jane looks really cute in that bat mask. I love the bracelet and necklace and can just imagine Jacob flying around in his cape.
Post a Comment