We are in Utah. Yay! I started posts along the way (all the places we stayed had wireless), and over the next few days I'll add pictures, and blog about our trip.
New York to Cleveland, Ohio.
First things first - the kids said good-bye to Pumpkin. I myself will also really miss the sweet little creature. She really is a great pet - no trouble at all, never bites, and the kids ADORE her. We have left her with able caregivers, and look forward to being reunited in 6 weeks.
We planned on this being our longest day of driving. We figured that the kids would not be sick of being in the car yet, and best to just get going and make a dent in the miles we need to travel.
Jane woke up at 4am that morning crying and with a fever. Great. We gave her some Tylenol and headed off. I thought she'd sleep in he car, and she did a little, but not as much as I had thought. The two hour later start (couldn't be helped) and the fact that the 8 hour journey took us 10 with stops had us driving later than we thought. We were all pretty happy when we arrived in Cleveland at 10:30pm that night.
We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn - definitely gets my recommendation. Super clean. no "motel smell" very comfortable beds, and helpful staff. The breakfast the next morning was wonderful too - steel cut oatmeal, fresh fruit, yogurt. A good start.
1 comment:
I am glad you made it safely.
Post a Comment