9.16.2008

Taking Chances Tour


(image via CelineDion.com)

Rebekah & I have very little cross-over in musical taste, but one artist we both love is Celine Dion. Rebekah says it's because I "got her young." It's true, I have loved Celine since before Rebekah was born.

Rick & I went to Vegas to see her concert there when I was pregnant with Jacob. She truly has one of the best voices in the world, and seeing her perform live is a great experience. So, when one of Rebekah's friends from her ballroom dance class invited her to go to the concert at Madison Square Garden on Tuesday night, of course I said yes - even though it was a school night.

Imagine my delight when they said they had an extra ticket, and would I like to go too!!! I checked with bek first, to be sure it wouldn't ruin the experience for her to have her dorky Mother along too. I know she would have preferred I not go, but gets how much a adore Celine, and said yes, as long as I didn't embarrass her (Emily suggested I just not speak.)

It was AMAZING, as I knew it would be. Thank-you Maureen & Margaret for inviting me, and to Rebekah for letting me tag along. I had a great time.

5 comments:

Tara said...

That's a pretty cheeky comment by Emily - I didn't know she had it in her, I guess she's Rick's daughter too.

Corinne said...

That Emily line reminded me of the scene from "The Return of the King" where Gandalf is telling Pippin what not to say, then says, "In fact, it's best if you don't speak at all . . ."

Liesa said...

I'm glad you could go and I hope you only sung, not spoke.

Tania said...

Liesa,
I was even careful to sing VERY QUIETLY when I did join in.

Cori, Now I want to watch The Return of the King. Maybe Friday night ...

Ruth said...

I love her voice too, it's fantastic. I've only seen her on a TV show though. I don't think we see enough of her.