10.09.2008

Birthday Boy

We planned to hold Jacob's party the day after his birthday, since it's a Friday.

However, on his actual day he had pre-school and was SO excited to take cupcakes. He requested orange & blue (his favorite colors) with a number 4 on them. They sang to him at school and made him a crown - which he wore the rest of the day.

We had lots of cupcakes, so had some after dinner for our little family celebration too.
Then he opened presents. I grew up up in a family where you opened your gifts first thing in the morning - pretty much as soon as you woke up. In Rick's family they opened them after dinner. The idea of waiting ALL DAY to open gifts is torture to me, but that's how we do it since Rick leaves at 5:45am, and we don't want to be opening them at 5am!

So, I called him that day to see if he would be home early (before 7pm) so that he could be here when Jacob opened them .. he said "I thought we'd just wait until tomorrow and open them all after the party." WHAT?!! Clearly we have different ideas about the importance of presents! Needless to say, he came home and we opened them after dinner.

Grandpa D. sent money, which we put in his college account.

He got a pirate playmobile travel set from Grandma & Grandpa O.
Star-Wars action figure from bek & Jane.
Star-Wars Lego from Emily. (With a Darth Vader & several Storm Troopers - lots of "guys")
We gave him his hearts desire - "a blue light saber that makes noise." He LOVED it.
... and had lots of fun with it!



It was a great day for him. I can't believe he's 4 already! Such a great boy.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Jacob is an absolute delight. I can feel his energy in those pictures. Glad he liked his presents.

Liesa said...

Tania, may the force be with YOU--you may need it the way Jacob is wielding that weapon.
I love the action shots!