We love carving pumpkins for Halloween.
The kids talk for weeks beforehand about what they'll make.
Rick couldn't come home to do do it this year, since he came home early on Monday to go to the blaze AND was coming home early for Trick-or-Treating on Friday. Rebekah had play rehearsal, so it was just the three younger kids and I for this years masterpieces.
Jane (lover of all things baby) had to have a baby pumpkin.
She picked this tiny one out herself.
The kids talk for weeks beforehand about what they'll make.
Rick couldn't come home to do do it this year, since he came home early on Monday to go to the blaze AND was coming home early for Trick-or-Treating on Friday. Rebekah had play rehearsal, so it was just the three younger kids and I for this years masterpieces.
Jane (lover of all things baby) had to have a baby pumpkin.
She picked this tiny one out herself.
I was trying to think what we could carve onto such a small pumpkin, when Emily had the good idea to make a candy corn on Jane's. It was very quick and easy, I just free-handed it, and Jane was thrilled with the result.
This is the one from the "Pumpkin Heads" book.
It turned out to be OK, because when I went to light it at night, it didn't glow as well with some flesh still there, (even though I put 3 candles in the bottom one) I think the pumpkins might have been too big to do it that way. I ended up cutting all the circles the whole way through.
What shall we make next year ???
4 comments:
Oh, Jane's is just so cute! They are all absolutely brilliant. I love the snowman idea. And how massive are your pumpkins?!!
We don't get those type of pumpkins in Australia, it's a bumer. The ones we get are grey skinned (I think they are japanese pumpkins)and are so hard to cut through at all. You literally need an axe! I would be telling my kids that next year we are going to have 'invisible' pumpkins...then all you have to do is stick a candle on the door step. Done!
Yours look great though Tan.
You guys did such a good job - they all look great. I do love Liesa's invisible pumpkin idea though.
Awesome pumpkins--I love all your Halloween posts!
Post a Comment