7.14.2009

Harry Potter (6)


We are so excited to go to this tonight!

I had stopped after book 3 with Emily, because I think they get pretty scary after that.
I wanted to wait until she got a little older to read them.

Then we got invited to the pre-screening.

We have been lucky enough to go to a pre-screening for all of the Harry Potter movies. They are always tons of fun & we feel totally spoiled. The series is almost over, and Emily will not have an opportunity to go to many. Rebekah has been to all of them (and Star Wars.) I wanted Emily to share this experience with us.

The rule in our family is that you have to have read the books before you see the movie. There's no way I could have done it fast enough with her at 1 chapter a night, so we decided she could read them by herself. Emily has worked really hard, and has read books 4 and 5 and most of book 6 in the last three weeks. Tonight she gets to experience a fun night in the city with the big people.

Can't wait.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Well?? How was it? Dave is taking Ben and a friend on Saturday but I'm just not into HP at all and I completely agree that they get really scary. He's reading through the books as well at the moment.

Saw your lovely Mum and Dad last night. They are staying at Mum's this week. Your Mum is as gorgeous as ever.

Tania said...

Karen, it was great. I had Emily cover her eyes in one part that I thought was REALLY scary.

She loved it & we had a wonderful night.

Kira J Bard said...

did NOT see Star Wars. You refused to let me go.