Emily has swim team practice every day, and Jacob & Jane are thrilled.
There have been a few days that we haven't gone (because I just had to go to Costco, or clean the house or something else boring), but mostly we've been there and they are loving spending so much time in the pool.
And when I say in - I mean IN. They spend much more time under water than above!
There have been a few days that we haven't gone (because I just had to go to Costco, or clean the house or something else boring), but mostly we've been there and they are loving spending so much time in the pool.
And when I say in - I mean IN. They spend much more time under water than above!
We stay after practice too - so Emily can play. She has been getting braver about going off the diving board.
There have been lots of days that it's too cold for me, so I just watch by the side and pray they don't get into trouble and I have to go in after them!
Jane LOVES the water. She spends most of her time pretending to be a baby seal. Too cute.
They don't do their "stuff" in the summer. The stuff I pay serious money for - the techniques that will create a stroke as beautiful as Emily's. I force them to do about 5 minutes of real work, and then let them play. It's summer & they are kids in the pool - it should be about play. Plus, I figure that they are still building muscles and increasing breath control - both of which are good.
Jacob has the potential to be a great swimmer. He has a swimmers body; he's tall and a lot of that length is in his torso. He's got BIG feet. He is very strong. Yet, he just cannot pay attention long enough to pull it together ... It's one of the reasons I love swimming for him - hopefully it will help him develop some focus, and heaven only knows that boy needs a way to burn some serious energy. So there's no way Jake is giving up swimming lessons any time soon.
Listen to what he's saying after I have him do more than jump in after diving sticks. "That's enough." Sure love that little punk.
I seriously love watching them. Especially when they are together - I love to see how much they are enjoying it and that we are finally at an age where I'm not holding a baby and trying to keep one toddler in the little pool, while other kids want to be in the big pool.
Yes, I am really loving ages 3, 4 & 8 this summer!
Yes, I am really loving ages 3, 4 & 8 this summer!
5 comments:
Wow, Jane looks like a good swimmer! Cash had to pretty much get dunked by his teachers to get his head under the water. Yeah, I'm envisioning kids playing in the pool while you watch from the sideline in the far distant future and it sure sounds nice!
I really wish I'd learned to swim when I was that young. I'm still scared to put my head in the water! Your kids are having a great time.
I love the videos. They're such good swimmers. I'm impressed with Emily's flip off the diving board too.
And I have the US equivalent of ten English pounds from Ruth for Emily's sponsored swim when we see you shortly!
Dad
I am so looking forward to our Summer. I bet you will be sad when it is over and the cold weather hits again!
Post a Comment