9.21.2009

A Conversation with Jacob.



Rick has two medieval swords that he bought on his mission in Spain. Jacob loves them & frequently likes to look at them & tell visiting little boys that they are "for real."
 
Jacob; "When I'm a Daddy, can I have Dad's real swords."

Me; "When you're a grown up. Sure, I bet Dad would be happy to give them to you."

Jacob; "Yeah, because then Dad will be dead." (lovely!)

Me; "Well, maybe not. He might just like you to have them one day when you're big & a Dad too."

Emily; "Then you could give them to your little boy one day Jake. How many kids do you want to have?"

Jacob; "Ten. Ten boys, and I'll name them - (counting on his fingers)
(1) Colin
(2) Calder
(3) Isaac
(4) Christian
(5) Connor
(6) Jackson
(7) Matthew
(8) Luke
(9) Adam
(10) Jonah

If you've ever hung out with Jacob & his buddies, you'll probably recognize these names.
I love how his head works.

Man, am I ever crazy about this little boy!

8 comments:

Karen said...

Ah, bless - he's such a cutie.

Jen I said...

That's so sweet. And so fun - I never realized how many boys there were around that age!

sara said...

Nice! I'm glad Calder was on the list.

We can't wait to play today!!!

Jeni said...

Cute. I love when Luke talks about 'when he's a dad'. I'm so happy they have great examples!

Tara said...

I can't belive he can come up with 10 boys names and we've struggled to come up with 1 in each gender.

Ruth said...

Lots of grandkids for you then, Tania!

Angela said...

Hey, Jackson is still on the list and we moved two months ago! :) So, so sweet. I love the sword talk. Chad has swords from his mission, too, and Jackson talks about them and can't wait to be old enough to have one. He has a long wait!! :)

Liesa said...

Hmm, my money is on him reconsidering around boy number 4 or 5!! Very cute though. I wonder why he doesn't want daughters??? Maybe an abundance of sisters right now!