7.25.2010

Millie's Training.

I have been having issues loading video to blogger.
I have wasted literally HOURS on trying to figure it out. I kind of wish I had never updated to the new version ....

I have more to post about the kids and Millie - but thought I'd just try this to see if it works. It's not good quality video. Rick is in Chicago & Bek is in Costa Rica, so I am shooting myself - wobbly when I move & praise her!

Millie is doing VERY well with her training. She can -
come
sit
down
wait
let's go (leaving from wait)
OK (release word from wait)
walk beautifully right beside me on a leash

We're working on -
stay
leave it
drop it
fetch

We're still having a bunch of issues with her biting the kids. I am hoping that a lot of it will go away when her baby teeth fall out (which I think I read is at 3 months??) For now, I just have to be super on the ball with watching her & giving her a correction - and protecting them.

If you notice in the video, when I say her name she sits. It's been great - as soon as she knows I want something from her, she sits and watches me. She is really eager to please and likes "working".  She is a super smart dog - really, she's only 11 weeks old and has already learned so much.
I am SO in love with her!


Since I made this video I have taken her out the door a few times without saying either "sit" or "wait" and she has done both - which is of course, our end goal. As Cesar would say "An open door doesn't mean go out, you have to be invited." She really is a wonderful puppy!

7 comments:

Tania said...

OK, I guess it cut off the right side - it does that if I upload large pictures too. So frustrating. I wish I knew more to make this work better - but I have NO time to try and learn or figure it out. At least it uploaded!

Sara said...

She's beautiful. We have been able to watch Drover for about the last week and a half, and it's amazing ow quickly they can win your heart.

Tara said...

Very impressive. She's adorable; I want to give her a big cuddle.

Karen said...

I can't see the whole of the video here in work for some reason so I will watch it at home later. She's so beautiful, though, and very quick to learn if she's achieved all that already. In think the biting will be more to do with her teething so that should stop in a couple of months. Henry still hasn't got the hang of fetch or drop and I'm beginning to wonder whether he ever will!

Ruth said...

She's a beautiful little thing, Tania, and you have done well to get her to be so obedient already.

Karen said...

I'm seriously impressed! Henry just looks at us as if to say "yeah, right" if we tell him to lie down! Well done on such quick training.

Cathy said...

Tania, she's gorgeous. You've done well with the training and good job on figuring out how to video and getting it up on your blog. Can't wait to meet her in person in November.