1.14.2011

Snowmen Cake Pops

Emily's birthday is always over the break, so I take in a treat for her class to celebrate her birthday in January each year.

The first Friday in January was a snow day, so I took in treats and a "healthy alternative" (required by the school) the second Friday back.

We decided to make snowman cake pops. I got the Bakerella cake Pop book a while back & we decided to try some out. They were fun and turned out pretty well (especially for our first shot). They were also super time consuming! I would only make them like this again for something special, like a birthday. Also, they really didn't taste all that great. I think I'll try experimenting with my own "from scratch" cake & frosting recipes to get a better taste. In the book she recommends getting the KopyKake edible pens to add faces. I ordered them especially and they were awful! They were totally dried out and it took me literally hours of re-capping, shaking & coaxing to get enough ink to make all their faces. In the future I'm going to use candy pieces or sprinkles or something for faces.

Still, they were cute, a big hit with Emily's 4th grade class and a really big hit with Emily!


Ready for transportation to school!
(Drive with one hand, balance cookie sheet on passenger seat with other.)

5 comments:

Jen I said...

I wasn't all that impressed with making cake pops and their flavor either. But yours look waaaaaay cuter than mine did. I would probably make them again if they were as cute as yours - but yes just for kids since I didn't think they were all that yummy.

Ruth said...

My word, Tania, I don't know how you have the patience - they look great though.

Corinne said...

Wow! Those are so cute, but I bet it took ages to make them. I saw Bakerella's Mickey and Minnie Mouse cake pops and thought about attempting them, then promptly forgot about it. Glad Emy loved them.

Karen said...

Your cake pops look brilliant. I read Bakerella's blog all the time and have always thought, as brilliant as everything looks, it's far too time consuming. She must bake constantly, but then again she has now probably made a mint out of it.

Tara said...

Those are amazing, very impressive. What time did you go to bed that night?