Emily doesn't like to eat very many things but she LOVES to cook. I was one computer click away from signing her up for cooking classes at Stone Barns (which I am sure would have been fantastic) when I reconsidered.
I can cook.
I would save myself the TIME of driving her there & back and the money if I just taught her at home. I pondered it for a moment - but would I? Would I be sure to stick to it & be consistent?
I decided I could!
So, Emily and I have been making a new recipe (of her choosing) each Saturday. So far, we've made chocolate marble fudge, brownies, and Nutella cookies. We should probably move onto something a little healthier!
Today she wanted to try chocolate molten lava cakes. One of her favorite desserts! The Sister missionaries were coming over for dinner, so it was a perfect excuse to make them (we usually only have dessert on Sundays).
We found this recipe on Pioneer Woman's blog.
- 4 pieces (squares) Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate
- ½ cups Butter
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 whole Eggs
- 2 whole Egg Yolks
- 6 Tablespoons Flour
- 2 cups Real Whipping Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Spray 4 custard cups with Pam and place on cookie sheet.
Microwave chocolate and butter in large bowl on high for about 1 minute, until butter is melted.
Whisk until chocolate is also melted.
Stir in sugar until well blended.
Whisk in eggs and egg yolks.
Stir in flour.
Divide between cups.
Bake 13-14 minutes until sides are firm and center is soft. Let stand 1 minute.
Honestly, this was SOOO easy. Emily did it with minimal supervision from me (I was whipping up white bean chicken chili and cornbread for dinner.) We didn't have any custard cups, so we made them in ramekins and left them that way. (We doubled it and made 8 ramekins.)
They were delicious & a huge hit.
When the Sisters arrived Jane said "Those are the missionaries???" I said they were.
"Missionaries are 'posed to be boys!"
Yes, we'll be having the Sister's back over for sure! (At least until my girlies know how awesome sister missionaries are.)
No comments:
Post a Comment