11.18.2011

Millie Meets the Ocean

We had heard there are several beaches around here that allow dogs in the off season. I'd been dying to take Millie but things had been the usual hectic, crazy, non-stop and we hadn't had a chance.

Jane had a play date scheduled and we didn't have anything pressing during that time, so I decided to toss Emily & Jacob in the car with Millie and go to the beach.

She's totally a chicken when it comes to water - hates her bath, doesn't like to go out in the rain, jumps over puddles, etc. It was funny to see her reaction to the waves. She was fascinated by their sound, smell and movement but at the same time kind of freaked out by the fact that it was water!


The beach was empty and it was fun to watch the kids amble along and explore with her.


LOVE this girl. She is always so happy and up for anything.
My kids are always especially happy when we are at the beach!


Millie loves being off leash and we love taking her anywhere we can all go together, so it was a great outing.


No trip to the beach is complete without a little shell collecting - even in the dead of winter.


We stayed until the sun set and it was getting dark, then headed home to get Jane and dinner and warm up.


3 comments:

Ruth said...

That's my kind of a day out - blue sky and a deserted beach, even if it is very cold. Millie has grown a lot since the last pictures you showed us. Lovely to see Emily's smile - Jacob's was well hidden!

Tara said...

I love talking Darwin to the beach so I can appreciate your pleasure. Although I don't think he'd be tempted to go into water that cold even though he loves swimming.

Corinne said...

I'd love to live close enough to a beach to go every so often. My kids would love it, too. Millie is a funny dog!