12.12.2011

Cub Scout Craft

I got a new calling at church two weeks ago. I had secretly hoped to go back to Primary (I love it there) but am actually pretty excited to have been called as a Cub Scout leader. I know NOTHING about the Scouting program and I am really looking forward to learning all about it and being more prepared as Jacob becomes a Cub Scout. I think it's going to be a really special thing that he & I can do together.

Tonight they made some crafts and I snapped a picture of a few of them. Jacob's is the one with the taller multi-stripe hat, second from the right. They then wrapped them to be able to give them as a gift.

{iPhone photo}

They also made wooden door stoppers out of cedar and rubbed them with linseed oil (smelled so good) and made some cards for when we sing at the Elder Care Center next week.

I think I'm really going to have a lot of fun in Cub Scouts!

4 comments:

Karen said...

I think that position is right up your street and you'll have tons of fun. I help out occasionally with Eleanor's Brownies and I love it, especially doing the crafts.

Emma said...

Those are cute. I liked being a cub scout leader when I had that calling, but I think activity days would be the best calling! That's what I'm hoping for next.

Ruth said...

I can just see you in that calling, Tania - exactly right for you. Don't know where Karen gets her love of crafts from - certainly not from me.

Tara said...

Those are cute. You'll be great at that calling.