
Last Thursday Jane cut 2 teeth. Yep, both together on the same day. She has had a tough few weeks sleeping, and I was wondering what happened to our wonderful night sleeper. Well, 2 teeth at once were clearly to blame & the the last week she has been sleeping MUCH better.
Tally so far; Jane + her two front teeth, and Emily - hers!
Rick and I will celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary next week. We have reservations at a restaurant I've been dying to go to. I made the reservation months ago, and even then all they had left was a 10pm - we took it.
The dilemma;
(1) I take Jane everywhere, but this is one night & one place I really don't want to take her.
(2) I am sure other diners, who have probably also waited months for their chance to eat there, will not be thrilled if we walk in with a baby.
(3) Jane ONLY nurses, and ONLY likes me.
(4) She has been consistently waking at 12:30am to nurse.
The restaurant is 30 minutes away. Will we be finished by midnight? Do I want to rush my meal & feel the pressure to hurry home? What if she wakes up sooner? Do I dare think that she will sleep well that night & leave her home with Rebekah???? Can I find another (nursing?) babysitter who could be here that late?
My children are not the type who fuss & cry, then give up and go back to sleep. They scream. Hysterically. They can keep it up for hours.
What to do, what to do?
2 comments:
I say do whatever is going to make you the most comfortable. If you are worried about Jane at home without you, your not going to enjoy the evening. The nursing babysitter might work, other relatives have been known to nurse my kids on occasion, and Jane might just be young enough that she doesn't notice.
I went to the temple with Kathryn one mornings (5 or 5:30am) when I was nursing Zane and she suggested to me to nurse him while he slept right before I sneak out. It worked perfectly! He didn't take a bottle so I was worried if he woke it would be screaming for hours, but it worked out nicely.
I was ready to go 30 minutes early so all I had to do was nurse him/ burp him and put him back into the crib.
+++
another option... home depot has really long tubing, you could pump under the table (no one would notice!) and rick could arrange a pvc piping system that tracked back to your home. Have you seen this guy put on Halloween shows?! It could work.
Post a Comment