For Thanksgiving we invited over our friends Lindsey & Fred (+Lilly & Fritz), and Claudia & Jorge (+ Camilla.) There were 6 adults, 2 teenagers, Emily, 2 toddlers and 2 babies. It was really fun to have a bigger gathering than just us, and it was great to have help with the food. Brining the turkey turned out well. I'll definitely do it again, but I need to ask Adriana how to ice the breast ... I think I'll try that next year. I realized I didn't take a picture of the finished turkey, or of all of us together. Too distracted by getting all the food to the table, hot & at the same time - and Jane was a little distraction too ... oh well, another thing to remember for next year.
I had fun hosting, I'm looking forward to doing it again. Maybe I can convince some of our family members form the West to join us next year.
I was really pleased with how the table settings looked.
Lindsey made one of the best tasting salads I've tasted in a while, she also made yummy rolls, stuffing, 2 pies and a to-die-for cranberry chutney. I made the turkey, gravy, yams, green beans, brussel sprouts and pies. Claudia brought mashed potatoes and ice cream for the pies. There were 6 pies, between us. We made a valiant effort to eat our way through them too! This year I finally made a great gravy. I always think it's too bland, but this year I thought it was just right (now I'll probably never be able to replicate it.)
This is the face Emily gave me when I suggested she try something other than rolls & turkey!
This is the face Emily gave me when I suggested she try something other than rolls & turkey!
Jacob ate with gusto! He likes to eat and out-eats Emily at every meal.
On Saturday Jacob (who also loves to cook) helped me make turkey soup with the leftovers. Yum!

5 comments:
Beautiful table. I love the chargers. Sounds like a fabulous meal.
Not only was it a fabulous meal, but I think it was the best Thanksgiving ever. And I truly mean that.
Tania--we are still talking about your gravy. Fred keeps asking me if I've asked you how you made it yet. I would love a cup of it and a straw. And those yams......oh, those yams.....
Your pictures are much better than mine! Your table was gorgeous. The food was spectacular and we were honored to be a part of it.
Thank you a million times over!
Your Thanksgiving looks lovely. I was planning on doing a Thanksgiving meal here but ended up going down the coast to the beach instead. But your list of food made my mouth water. Maybe next year I can be one of your family guests...
OK, icing the bird. I filled the roasing pan with a layer of ice, place the bird breast down in it, and then put enough ice into the cavity to cover the breast bones but not reach the back (if that makes sense). I left the turkey out on the counter like this for an hour. I figured with all the ice it would all still stay cold enough -- I don't know, maybe it's a bit of a health risk. No one died, though!
Gorgeous table -- loved reading about dinner on your and Lindsey's blogs!
any chance you'll be posting recipes? your yams and rick's lemon pie sounded great...christmas is coming and this dinner is sounding like i should make it for my christmas dinner...do share!
Post a Comment