
I LOVE Santa. For years he brought me a magical Christmas morning, providing that one thing, that I really wanted - the thing I knew my parents would never be able to get me. I have many many wonderful memories of my childhood because of Christmas morning. I am not one of those people who think that Santa destroys the real meaning of Christmas. To me, the idea of someone who comes and gives you a gift for no reason, and encourages you to be good is truly exercising the true spirit of Christmas. So for that reason, I want my kids to love Santa too.
Here we are making our annual visit last Saturday. I was concerned that Jacob & Jane would be upset - but should have realized that Jacob will willingly follow Emily anywhere! Jane looked a little concerned about where she was, but didn't cry.
And what would you like for Christmas?
Jacob is asking Santa for a box. Yep, that's it - pure & simple, he just wants a box. Don't you love 2 year olds? Last year our friends 2 year old asked for a birthday cake, and that's just what she got on Christmas morning.
Emily has been asking for Kaya's horse for WEEKS, nay MONTHS! Then while standing in line a brat of a 6 yr old child was behind us. She had a several page typed list of what she wanted (complete with downloaded pictures.) We encourage the kids to ask for one special toy from Santa (to discourage greediness), so I was put off this child by her list. Her performance in line didn't change my opinion. The top thing she was asking for was make-up. After we walked away, I asked Emily what Santa had said about the horse, she replied "I didn't ask for the horse, I asked for make-up." Needless to say, I am horrified, and have the next week to try and "help" Em change her priorities, so we can dash off a last minute I've-changed-my-mind letter to the big guy!
This was Jane after she had had enough and realized I was right there within her reach. All in all a happy experience for me - and the kids of course!
2 comments:
tania these are awesome pictures- they look like they could be in a magazine!
p.s. love that santa is spiral curling his hair now-a-days. we wouldn't know, zane wanted nothing to do with him so we didn't get a single picture.
great pictures! that Santa looks perfect with Jacob standing in front! wink. wink.
jane looks so cute in jeans!
Post a Comment