In all the hamster excitement, I forgot to post that Jacob started back in swimming. I finally got brave enough to hand Jane over to a babysitter (I found a great one, and she came to the pool with us) and get back in the water with him.
I take my kids swimming at Aqua Tots, and they are amazing. It had been 8 months since his last lesson, and I wasn't sure how he'd do. He LOVED it. I don't know how much he remembered from last time, but he was right back at it, jumping in on "ready, go" and swimming back to the wall (underwater) for the count of 4. I was thrilled. I am nervous to have 2 mobile, non-swimmers this summer at the pool, so I am hoping he makes good progress. The first things they teach are safety related; to float on their back, and to jump in, swim back to the wall, and climb out by themselves (when kids fall in a pool, they fall in by the side, and many drownings can be prevented if they just know to get back to the wall, and climb out.) Of course, I'm not planning on him falling in or being unsupervised - I just want to be safe. I worked with enough near-drowning kids when I was at PCMC to make me extra cautious!
No comments:
Post a Comment