2.12.2007

Breakfast

Abandoning all plans for a home baked snack (for tomorrows singing time at my house), I dashed into Stop-n-Shop on the way home this evening. LOOK what I found! Multi-grain cheerios, for $1.99 a box (must buy 4.) No problem, can I buy 16?

Each time I have been pregnant, we have lived on cold cereal. I spend most of my time in a coma-like state when pregnant, so any meal prep that takes energy, or actual looking at or smelling of food, is out of the question. Cold cereal is easy, it's yummy, and it's one of the least awful things to throw back up. (More info than you needed?)

I will never be pregnant again (thank goodness), but I am thinking that when the kids leave home & Rick is retired, I may institute a larger mid-day meal, and have cold cereal for dinner every night (or an apple with peanut butter.)
My favorite breakfast cereals are -
Weetbix
Any of the Kashi cereals with fresh blueberries
Multigrain Cheerios with banana slices
Natures Path pumpkin seed granola (very good over Fage yogurt.)

No comments: