There's only a few weeks left until swimming is over for the summer. I was worried that she may not get her next badge, and would be left feeling a little deflated. Not to worry, she got it today. She was so proud of herself, and I'm thrilled too.
Here's what she had to do to get it (from the Aqua Tots badge info sheet.)
Students must be able to swim 100 yards (4 lengths of the pool), of front crawl and backstroke with the correct form and timing. They must be able to demonstrate "elementary backstroke" for 25 yards, and breaststroke for 25 yards.
If you've never seen "elementary backstroke" (I hadn't) it's worth seeing - kind of like breaststroke, but on your back! Weird. In fall she'll start working towards her crab badge - all of the above, plus 25 yards of sidestroke.
Emily is officially now the best swimmer in our family!
4 comments:
I'm proud of Emily - I can't believe they have to swim 4 lengths of the pool. It must be that good Aussie blood in her that makes her such a great swimmer!
Not just 4 lengths - they have to do all of it at once. 4 freestyle, 4 backstroke, 1 elementary backstroke, 1 breaststroke. Yeah, 10 lengths. That's why she's the best swimmer in the family. I'm decent - but in my current out of shape condition, there's no way I could do 10 lengths.
go emily!
Way to go Emy!
Post a Comment