This morning we did everything right on schedule. The swimming bags were by the door ready to go, the beds were made, kids ready, the girls had left on time for school with minimal panic.
I was finishing up the dishes in the kitchen and listening to Jacob and Jane laugh and play with each other in the living room. I glanced at the clock and thought "Perfect, I have just enough time to pop dinner into the crock-pot, and we can leave for swimming." I continued that thought with "How nice it is, that Jacob and Jane are getting bigger, and they can play together and entertain each other. Now I can get a few things done (like dishes) without having to watch them every second. How nice, that life is returning to normal." THEN, I happened to peek around the corner at them, and this sight met me.
Jake was using the spatula for ultimate efficiency!
Maybe things will get easier when they're 2 & 3 1/2 ....
3 comments:
This is my life! Are you sure you weren't standing in my house when this happened? Although I would have left the mess and come home to regret having done so. Good for you to get to it right away. When this kind of thing happens I have to remind myself that at least they were being happy together for a change!
Did you see this quote on Brooke's blog? "The bigger the mess, the better the memories!" I was thinking also of a book that M brought home from school recently about a little boy who is always getting up to mischief. The mum tells the sister that he'll be better when he's 3. At the end of the story he turns 3 and is no different and the mum says, "He'll be better when he's 4." I love your kids. They are adorable little mess makers!
partners in crime.
Post a Comment