The Sydney Harbor Bridge is the largest single span arch bridge in the world. The sweeping curve over Sydney's world famous Harbor is 503 meters long, 134 meters high and 49 meters wide. Flanked by four towering concrete and granite pylons it is the crucial centerpiece of Sydney's transport network. The weight of the steelwork alone totals 52,800 tonnes and includes an extraordinary six million rivets. (from the Bridge Climb pamphlet.)
I have a love for two of the worlds great bridges.
Both have played a major role in my life, and are in places I have lived. The second is the Brooklyn Bridge, but my first love was the Sydney Harbor Bridge.
One day Rick, Rebekah and I abandoned The Littles, and headed into the city to climb the Sydney Harbor Bridge. We spent a really long time suiting up and going through all their safety procedures - but it was worth it because it was a really cool experience.
1 comment:
I'm glad to see the rest of your trip pictures up. We had a great time with you guys here!
Post a Comment