Here's my sweet Emily on her 1st day of 1st grade last week.
Really, I can't believe we're here. I feel like I just barely sent her off to kindergarten.
Waiting for the bus with Jacob & Jane.
The bus stop is at the end of our front path this year - YEAH! I'm planning on sending her out the door as it comes up the road this winter - then I won't have to bundle up the other two, only to be outside for 2 minutes and come in to un-bundle!
She was all smiles, and looking forward to going back.
She managed to navigate the bus steps really well,
with the two huge bags of supplies she was lugging with her.
See you at 3:30!
As we walked in the house, Jacob was bummed. He said "Me sad Emy not here." I told him, I knew he would miss her - but he could play with Jane. Then he said "Jane my friend." I'm so glad he likes his sisters. Isn't that face great?

with the two huge bags of supplies she was lugging with her.
4 comments:
Can't believe that she is this big! When we left NY she was such a little squirt. She is a beautiful girl and looks so much like her Daddy to me. Fun First Grader.
Emmy is cute, of course, but I think Jacob wins this post with that face!
Have fun in first grade, Em.
Luke had the same reaction when McKinlay and Adam started back at school. "Sissy and Adam come home" he would say.
Jeni
It seems like such a grown-up thing for a kid to ride to school on the bus without their mum! That's great that it'll pick her up from the front of your house.
Post a Comment