9.12.2007

"Birth Junkie"

I wanted to wait until Erin posted about Petrea, so I didn't steal her thunder ...
I am really happy to be home with my kids right now, trying to do a good job raising these 4 souls is the most challenging, exhausting, and rewarding thing I have ever done. I am doing exactly what I had planned for this stage of our lives.
That said, I do really miss work. I am blessed to have chosen a career that really is also my passion. So, I am always thrilled to be invited to go to a birth as a support person. It gives me just enough of a fix to keep me happy, and remind me that in a few years it will be a part of my life again.
On Sunday night I was honored to be with Erin and Josh as they welcomed Petrea into the world. It was a perfect and beautiful birth. Erin was amazing, and the baby gorgeous. That sweet baby was so polite, she arrived so quickly, my family barely even noticed I was gone, and I was home in time for Rebekah to still make her first day of early morning seminary!
Thanks guys.

4 comments:

Erin said...

We felt so lucky to have you there. You helped make it the best birth ever. I can see why you'd miss it, you are so good at it! Thanks for staying up all night with us!

Mumsy said...

If I'm still here when I have my next baby would you come with me, too??? I can't think of a anyone who would be better at your job than you, Tania.

Tania said...

Lindsey, I would LOVE to.

Lizzy said...

women having a passion for the birth experience are so far and few...anyone who can have a friend like you as a birth assistant is super lucky!