10.19.2007

Jacob Was Here!

As I move through my day, I frequently find little things that let me know "Jacob has been here." I swear I supervise him! That kid is busy, and I do have 3 other kids and a household to run, so he occasionally gets into mischief. I am reminded of my sister, Liesa's 4 boys, and the grief they have caused her. I have a chuckle, and remind myself that he'll grow out of this (right?) and I'll probably miss the chaos and antics at some point.
I decided to chronicle my discoveries. Here a some from about a 7 day period....

Discovered the stickers I had left over from teaching about eyes at Emily's school.

Jacob LOVES putting things in containers in the freezer.
I'm forever opening it and finding little surprises.
We got a package in the mail. We opened it. I heard Emily's school bus coming up the street, and went out (to our driveway!) to meet it. When I came back in, he'd done this ... (he's fast.)
What is that weird red stuff on the bathroom floor?
Of course, a dinosaur in dried out slime.
I don't know where I was when he dumped 1/2 the contents out of the games / puzzles cupboard, probably not far and probably not for long - but like I said; he's fast!
I blamed Rebekah for 2 days for losing my compact flash card,
until I went to put a disk in the computer!

Why, oh why, the obsession with opening tampons?
Ummm ..... if you're at the outlet mall, and there doesn't seem to be a price on anything, we apologize.

(Discovered when we got home in his pockets - didn't even notice him doing this one.)

I asked him to "throw away Jane's diaper" - my mistake!

More freezer surprises.

Why is there a sweet picture of Jane? Look more closely at her face. See the two gouges down her cheek? His explanation for this one was "I a leopard." Some of his antics don't make me chuckle - some make me use every ounce of restraint!

Seriously, stop with the freezer! (When I asked why it was there he said "It's Calder's." No arguing with that.)

After the freezer, his next favorite trick is making "fish" - which consists of putting several of any small item in a Ziploc bag of water. His 1st choice is broken pieces of crayon, but really anything will do. This day it was ice cubes. He said they were his "ice fishies."

11 comments:

Brooke said...

These are great! All soooooo familiar, I swear he and Sterling are long lost twins!

liz said...

omgosh! the tags crack me up the most. that's so funny!

liz said...

p.s. I found my Bally's card in the toaster this week. I had been missing for 6+ months. It was a little warped and brown.

The compact flash is always in a new place. I wonder why they love it so much.

Corinne said...

Well, you can't really blame him for Jane's diaper in the toilet! It makes total sense to a three-year-old. Great idea to take pictures of those things. I find lots of funny (and sometimes not so funny) evidence of my kids activities too.

Tara said...

Jacob cracks me up but I'm glad I don't have to clean up after him. I love the eyes picture.

Denise said...

Oooh is this what I have to look forward to? Hmmm, I'm not sure I'm happy I got a boy afterall...

Allison said...

isn't it wonderful to know you have such a creative son? (deeeep breath)

Anonymous said...

now you know what my life is like--
x5! man, do i love boys! i loved this post!

Emma said...

I laughed so hard at this post from the eye stickers to the fish! He is so funny. I love the way kid minds work. What even was that in the freezer? Rocks? Josh often talks about what a cool kid Jacob is and says he hopes we have a son just like him.

Liesa said...

Yep, De ja vu! I think you need to stick a few more pairs of those eyes on the back of your head! I have such a soft spot for Jacob though. He will probably be a brain surgeon!

Anonymous said...

i love that calder's bear ended up in your freezer. calder is always putting stuff in the freezer as well. wonder why?