We always try to carve our pumpkins just a few days before Halloween (so they don't shrivel by the big night), and I'm always thrilled when that works out to be a Monday and we can incorporate it into Family Night.
This year we carved 4, one for each kid.
The kids thought that Pumpkin, would like to taste her namesake. She loved it, and was so cute eating it (she's such a great pet, and we all love her.)
I was amazed the difference a year has made for Emily. Just last year we needed to help her through the whole process. This year she did the majority of the pattern placement, poking and carving herself. Rick and I just helped with some of the smaller carved pieces.
Rebekah made her own design - a tribute to My Chemical Romance.
She really worked hard on it, and did this on the back to reflect out against the house. I didn't realize until posting this that I didn't take a picture of it finished in the dark (hers took longer, and I was putting the Little's to bed by the time she finished.)
Mess and a sharp object? Sign Jacob up! He had a lot of fun, and since Emy could do hers herself, I could really spend time helping him.
Concentration.
Rick got home in time to help Emily with the windows in her castle.

Jacobs bats.
Rick did this little one for Jane - it was my favorite of the night, so cute.
It looked cool reflected on our walkway.
Emy's castle.
I like how Emily & Jacobs looked together.
Sorry bek, next year I'll remember to go back outside and make sure I get pictures of them all!
4 comments:
Well they put our two small pumpkins to shame, but next year...! I don't think I've ever seen anything other than a toothy grin on a pumpkin over here.
What a cute blog you have! Cute pumpkin pics! You should post or email me those yummy soup recipes you have! Just in time for the fall weather!
They look great. I can't believe Emily did that mostly by herself - very impressive.
Very nice--we haven't ventured past faces--maybe we should give it a go!
Post a Comment