I thought that I should post about Halloween, before we reach Thanksgiving! Halloween is a BIG deal at our house. It was Rick's Mom's favorite holiday, and so Rick has so many good memories and loves it too. I'm happy to see our kids following along loving it, and this year (the 1st Halloween without Deanna) I felt like we were paying tribute to her (having the spookiest house on the block and all.) We started off going to Emily's school to watch the Halloween parade then Rick, the Little's and I went out to lunch. It was a beautiful day, and the kids had fun playing outside while Rick put up the rest of our decorations (the one's we don't leave out all month, because bad weather might ruin them.)
Woodcutter, Little Red Riding Hood, Grandma & Big Bad Wolf.

OK, his vest is velcro'd crooked - I did not make it that off balance!
I decided last Halloween that I wanted Jane to be Little Red Riding Hood this year. I thought she would look so sweet at this age in a little cloak, walking along. Pretty much our costumes were all about Jane being cute! She was so sweet, and loved her hood.
After I finished Jacob's costume, Rick said he looked like a rat (thanks!) I got these teeth to make him look more like a wolf. They were great, but he only left them on for about 15 minutes.
Emily rejected being Grandma, and decided not to go along with the family theme.
Here she is as her choice - Princess Leia (toothless, but adorable.)
Jane loves pushing the stroller, but we decided that it would be too hazardous to other people to do that. Here's Rick and Jane heading to put it away.
This is the reaction to leaving it!
Running to catch up to the parade.
The Big Bad Wolf, roaring and chasing friends.
Rebekah's costume - "Regret" (from a My Chemical Romance music video.)
Eating a kit-kat as she paraded. Jane could not believe that people were just giving her candy!

Stopping for some "healthy" food. At least there was some raw veggies, and sushi (which Jacob and Jane love.) 


The LOOT!


8 comments:
so cute, does the whole neighborhood parade out at a certain time? I love the themed costumes! We talked about being the scooby doo gang but I am too lazy to actually put it all together! Maybe one year...
I LOVE the family costume!!! Will you make me a cape like Jane's? I would love one just like it. I didn't realize you and Rick were dressing up as well. Again, you amaze me with the number of things you can get done.
Brooke, yes at 4:30 the parade starts at a specific location. The police come and block off the streets, there's music, and the food for the kids at the end (each family puts in $5). It also ends at the perfect time to start trick-or-treating. Very cute. It's one of the things I love about our neighborhood.
I still have dreams of our family being Arwen, Aragorn, Frodo and Sam, (plus there's room for more hobbits). I just have to get the sewing skills to match! You all looked great.
You guys really looked great!
I love the family costumes - you all look great.
great shots
this is bek- i was reading the post and was shocked when my mom did not include a link to the music video! (dies inside).
here it is, enjoy.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=kDWgsQhbaqU
Post a Comment