Really, I also always think how great it was of our Father in Heaven to create trees - they shade our house and provide privacy in the summer - then in the winter (when it's dark and we close the blinds early anyway) the leaves all drop off, and let that winter sun in to warm our rooms. Perfect. For me, it all just adds to the general thankfulness and sense of well-being that I enjoy at this time of year.
I've taken many, many pictures of the leaves this year - so thought I'd post some of our "view."
The city has a giant vacuum truck, and they come along and suck up the piles, but only until the end of November. It's been so warm this year, that there are still lots of leaves on the trees. I'm worried that they won't fall until December, and we'll have to get rid of them ourselves - or worse, start snowing on them. I'll be praying for a very windy week or two!
9 comments:
That's a great shot with Emily's shadow.
I love your front yard with the red leaves on the green grass and your white fence. Beautiful!
oh thank you. we're loving our 3 weeks here in CA. but oooohhh, i feel like i left in the most beautiful time of the season. oh thank you thank you for sharing them!
Beautiful Tan. I can't believe it is almost 2 years since we visited. I am craving a white Christmas... not very hopeful of getting one during our Summer!
Those are beautiful pics. We have a neighbour who hates trees 'cos they shed leaves - how sad is that? All the hard work is worth it when you see the gorgeous colours.
Beautiful.
You live in such a cool city. I can't believe they suck up the leaves - bagging them is always the worst part.
They are beautiful. That's gotta be one nice thing about living in an older house--the trees are already big.
what about a picture of the best view of all? the one from your dining room of our newly painted garage?!
I love the pictures, you are very lucky to have such a great view!
Post a Comment