2.17.2008

Jane's New Shoes

Remember when I posted about Jane's love of shoes (and hatred of socks)? Right after that I thought, really I should buy her some Uggs. Going to seminary in the freezing cold, dark mornings, I just carry her to the car because I don't want to take the time to put on shoes - Uggs would be easy and warm to just slip on.
Also, she can wear them when the family goes skiing, so I got these -
She really likes them, and calls them her "boops." They make her feet look huge, and they're not such a fresh pink anymore ... but they keep her feet toasty warm and I figure if she can run in them, they must fit OK, even though all that sheepskin makes them look big.



Those cute red one's from See Kai Run came - and were WAY to big, even though I used the online measuring guide ... oh well. They were $8 shipping, and I didn't want to bother also paying to send them back and decided to just keep them until she grows into them.

Since she really needed some new play shoes, I ordered her another pair of "See Kai Run" shoes. They are so soft, but still have great grip on the bottom. She is in heaven. I took these pictures of her admiring them. I think it's so funny that a 20 month old could care so much about shoes. Emily was just the same ... I remember her picking out her own Easter outfit shoes when she was 15 months old, and wanting to wear them everywhere, because she loved them so much.

"New shoes make me happy."

She couldn't stop checking them out!
"Look at my new shoes!"
Here she is admiring the circles ...
I'm not kidding - looking at these brought her hours of joy, and even though it was about a month ago, she's still really happy when she wears them!

For summer, I'm thinking these .... OK, so maybe she's not the only one in love with cute little shoes.

8 comments:

Jeni said...

SO cute!!!

Brooke said...

She is adorable! I love the shoes, I too am a bit of a shoe freak. My girls have more than they need, they are just too cute to pass up! Ok, so I have way more than I need too. Last count, which was quite a while ago, I was over 50 pair--what's a girl to do, you have to have the right shoes for the outfit!

liz said...

THOSE ARE BOTH SO CUTE!

okay maybe if i have a girl one day it won't be so bad,,,,,as long as i get to put her in cute shoes all will be well. ;-)

Angela said...

Darling! So glad to know about that website, See Kai Run. Can't wait to buy some shoes for the baby when she arrives!
That is just funny how into shoes Jane is at such a young age. You can tell from the pics that she adores her new shoes. ;)

Mumsy said...

Those are darling! And I love, love, love the pictures of that sweet little girl.

Corinne said...

Joshua is very opinionated about what he wears, too!

Emma said...

Jane is so cute. Love the shoes too - I hope I have a daughter in the not too distant future so I get the hand-me-downs (via Annabelle!).

Anonymous said...

She is a complete doll, Tania!