The beauty of having a teen aged sister is that they do things like show up on the morning of St. Patrick's Day with green comb-in hair paint. The other benefit is that your Mom will be so thrilled that you are bonding over the love of green hair, that she will not hesitate to agree to it.
Emily's best super model pose.
So after we got Emily all in her green gear & hair Jacob announced that he wanted green hair too. I told him he had swimming lessons, and couldn't because it would wash off in the pool BUT after swimming I would put some in his and Jane's hair.
Then we set about the morning routine.
I heard them laughing together upstairs. I should have gone running to check on them, but instead finished up the breakfast dishes and glanced at the clock to realize that we were perfectly on time to leave for said swimming lesson.
Laughter in this house does not mean happy children - it means trouble. I searched them out to tell them it was time to leave.
First I saw this -
Emily's best super model pose.
Then we set about the morning routine.
I heard them laughing together upstairs. I should have gone running to check on them, but instead finished up the breakfast dishes and glanced at the clock to realize that we were perfectly on time to leave for said swimming lesson.
Laughter in this house does not mean happy children - it means trouble. I searched them out to tell them it was time to leave.
First I saw this -
And even though they SO didn't deserve it, I did paint their hair green to match Emily's later that day.
10 comments:
i think blogs help us feel better about kids in trouble- we always get mad, but then in the back of our minds think 'i've GOT to blog about this!' and it's fun to get a sneak peak into another's day of trouble us readers didn't have to clean up. and to remember it happens in the home of everyone with little kids.
cute shots!!!
I went to tell Gordon about this and could hardly tell him for laughing! Jacob is certainly a resourceful little boy. I particularly like the comment that "laughter doesn't mean happy children, it means trouble ... "
funny, funny......that made me laugh
Talk about partners in crime...! You have so much to look back on and laugh about when they are older, it's brilliant.
Very resourceful! They all look so cute.
As per your previous post... Did Jacob not consider he was smearing bits of 'dead princess' on his head? Cute and very happy looking green kids!
Very cute leprechauns.
Hey, Joshua rubbed toothpaste in his hair today! I think he thought it was gel. Fortunately, that's the only place he rubbed it. We love your stories!
too funny! They are certainly cute together--even if they are a bit sneaky!
Post a Comment