3.20.2008

Therapy Anyone?

So here are a few more Jacob stories from this week -

(1) Giving him his gummy bear vitamins in the morning, he asked "Mom, how they make gummy bears? They kill a bear, and get little pieces of it off?" This was complete with actions of him killing a bear and hacking off little pieces. I explained about making it like jello, and putting it in molds. I'm not sure if this is accurate - but it's a heck of a lot better than what he was coming up with.

(2) Going to bed, and about to read a bedtime story, he said "I tell you a story." OK then.
"Once there a house, with a Mommy, and Daddy, and girls and boys. A bad guy came. The people in the house turned into a dragon, and kill the bad guy. The end." Nice.

(3) Immediately after the 1st story he said "I tell you another one."
Once there a house, with a Mommy, and Daddy, and girls and boys. A bad guy came. The people in the house turned into a MONSTER, and kill the bad guy. The end."

HMmmm - I only have one boy, so no point of reference (though, I have read "Raising Cane".) So, I'm thinking maybe it makes sense that something called gummy bears, come from a dead bear, and his stories are his way of exploring feeling safe in his house & with his family. This perpensity towards violence is normal - right? It's actually pretty cute - as long as it doesn't mean he's on the track to becoming a serial killer!

5 comments:

Ruth said...

I think you're right about his reasons for the good guys winning in the end. Jack and Tom often play monsters (they call them "munsters") and then are too scared to go upstairs on their own.

Jeni said...

Those are cute stories and I hope it's normal too or our three boys have problems!

Liesa said...

Yeah, it's normal. So is an obsession with any bodily fluid and the release of air from any orifice. (eg wee, poop, burps, passing wind). Simply hilarious to all boys...even funnier if they have another boy as an audience.

Corinne said...

I love that little boy!

Corinne said...

Um, aussiegirl is me. I was logged in with a different account.