4.11.2008

Emily & Horton


I really try on a (somewhat) regular basis to have one on one time with my kids.
Well, not really Jane, since she is never really more than 2 feet from me ....
Sometimes it's a big deal, and sometimes we just go for an ice cream cone and a walk.

The last Friday in March I got a babysitter, picked up Emily a little early from school and headed into the city to see "Horton Hears a Who." Such a cute movie, I highly recommend it - we may go and see it again, and take Jacob with us.

A bonus was that Rick took off early too and met us. Two parents all to yourself - you can't beat that! Tip - if you want to see a movie in Manhattan - go at 4:15 we had the place to ourselves. We really enjoyed the movie, the new cool Dyson hand dryers, hanging out together, getting dinner and the train ride home.

As we were walking past Rockefeller Center, I remembered that Rebekah had gone there after school with friends to ice skate, so we stopped by to yell down and wave at her. Emily is so much fun to be with. She's such a talkative little thing, and always so positive and excited about everything.

I love you Em, thanks for hanging out with us!

1 comment:

Jeni said...

Fun. Annabelle and I had a little snooze during that movie.