4.20.2008

Happy Birthday Rick

In my book, Rick is now not only over the hill, he is careening down the other side!

We put 14 candles. Mostly because we thought 41 might set off the smoke detector, but also because it is 41 reversed and also Rick's favorite number (it was his jersey number when he played soccer all those years.)
He got them in one breath!
His request for the cake was his favorite kind - yellow cake with chocolate frosting and layers. The kids sure enjoyed the it too.


We managed to make a serious dent in it!
Then we took the rest to neighbors (because we have no self control.)
"Walrus-Jacob"
Rick, I would be lost without you.
You are the most wonderful father & husband imaginable, and a downright great guy to boot.

I hope we have at least another 41 of your birthdays to celebrate.

8 comments:

liz said...

that cake looks so yummy. happy b-day rick!

ps love jacob's hair!

Josh said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RICK!!! We hope you had a great birthday

Karen said...

Ahem, I happen to think 41 is a great age! Happy Birthday, Rick, from one (in 3 days time) 41 year old to another). Karen x

Corinne said...

Happy birthday, Rick. I think the hill must be getting smaller if you're already careening down the other side.

Tara said...

Happy Birthday Rick.

I can't believe how old Jacob looks in these pictures.

Jeni said...

Yum! Happy birthday Rick.

Liesa said...

We hope you had a fun day Rick. We think you are a great guy too!!

sara said...

i love being your neighbor!!!

that cake was delicious.