
The second day in Mystic we started by swimming in the hotel pool (a must for any vacation to be successful for the kids) and then back to the aquarium, until lunch time. After that we went down to the seaport, which we haven't done before.
I bet it's a lot better in the summer time, and was probably a bit too old for Jacob & Jane but they still enjoyed looking at everything, the carriage ride we took, and running around.

Jacob tried to undo every rope, knot and rigging that he came across.



The only picture I managed to sneak of Rebekah (eating a muffin) the whole day!

The TINY living quarters - reminded me of our apartment in Brooklyn!

This was the last wooden commercial whaling boat - and very interesting to see, though of course we don't support whaling now!


After we had explored outside, we headed into the small, yet darling, children's museum. Rick and Rebekah parked themselves on a bench (& dozed) while the kids played & I enjoyed watching them. I have dreams of a huge playroom with different themed area's in it - my kids will be too old for it by the time we have a house big enough (maybe the grand kids??) but I would SO go for something Ocean themed like this little place.
A table that had lots of "ocean" puzzles; boats, fish, nautical signals, etc. Very cute. They also had lots of kids ocean story books, and a few games.

A pretend ship with a kid sized bunk (actually not that much smaller than the real one's), and portal windows. Jane liked it a lot!

A large wooden fishing boat that they could climb in and walk around. Then there were big baskets of painted cloth fish that they could "catch" with nets and lines. Also, brooms and mops to "swab the deck."

Emily, heading out to open sea.

Jane, peeking out of the boat window.

Our favorite was the galley. All my kids like to pretend cook, and really cook - so this was a hit.


I was so in love with the little pump to pump water (not really) into the sink.

But I was WAY more in love with this little cast iron stove. I would die for one of these in a play kitchen.




After all the sailing, fishing and cooking was over we headed outside to play on the playground. Lots of cute nautical play equipment there too - but the camera battery died, so you only get 2 pictures.


After we finished at the seaport, we went to "Mystical Toys" a cute toy shop in the area that my kids remembered from our last trip and then headed to "Mystic Pizza" for dinner (remember that movie from the '80's?)

Emily wanted to be back home for Sunday, so she could sing in the Easter children's choir. I was actually happy to be in our own house for Easter Sunday too - so 2 days there was fine. So, all tired and with full bellies, we popped them in the car, put on the DVD of "Enchanted" and headed for home. They were so sound asleep when we arrived back that they didn't even wake up when I slipped them into their pj's. Such fun!
7 comments:
this looks like such a fun little trip! I would love to go someday!
I've heard so much about this place but have yet to make it there. Sounds like a great time for all! BTW, where do you stay when you go?
I'm glad you guys had a fun Easter weekend. It looks like a really cool place.
I love short little get-aways. Fun Fun
Loos like a great place to visit.
Tan, great pics as usual. Your kids get exposed to lots of fun things. I know it is hard to have family activities that appeal to a broad age group, but that looks like fun for everyone.
I'm always quite envious of the great places you guys visit. I'm glad you all had a nice time.
Post a Comment