6.17.2008

Emily's Swim Meet

For Emily's last day of swimming, they had a meet (in Australia, you'd call it a swimming carnival).

It's the first time Emily has done anything like this (probably the first for most of the kids.) It was really fun, nerve wracking and exciting.

Getting tips from Dana (one of their teachers.)There's cute Emy in lane 2, adjusting her goggles. This is just before getting in for the backstroke.
Each kid raced in 2 events - backstroke & freestyle. Then they had a relay. It was lots of fun.


Jane clapping to cheer Emily on.
Look at her little damp curls, and red face it's always SO hot in there.
Sweaty hot Jake.
Emily's freestyle race. She didn't place in her events - but it was always very close. She always gives it her all - which is what counts & makes me so proud of her.
I'm looking forward to next fall when she'll take the "all-stars" class - where they focus on swim team things like speed, racing turns and starting well off the blocks. I'm also planning on watching as much of the swimming in the Olympics as we can, so she can see how they start and turn, and get excited about what she'll be doing next year.
Great job Emily. You worked hard this year, and learned a lot. I'm (always) so proud of you!

3 comments:

Tara said...

Good job Emily. I think it's great that all of your kids are into swimming.

Corinne said...

Well done, Emily. I wish we had resources like that around here.

Liesa said...

Good effort Em. Man, I bet Jacob and Jane were itching to hit the water with those red faces!