10.11.2008

Hamster Race

Saturday, October 4th was Pumpkin's big race.

We bought her a new ball for the occasion, and got there early to size up the competition.
A little TLC to make her feel good,
and a pep talk to get her "into the zone."
There were several heats - we were in the first one.
On your mark, get set -
GO!

Here's the first heat.


OK, do you see the hamster on the end - the one who's owner is PUSHING THE BALL! We were so robbed!
After this race, they emphasized that there was no rolling the balls allowed (duh) - but I think that other kid should have been totally disqualified! Yeah, I'm competitive ...

After all the heats, they let the 2nd place hamsters race against each other for a place in the final. This was pumpkins second chance -




Alas, another loss. She looked so promising at the start. "Penny" beat her, but not by too much - and "Penny" ended up being the overall winner - so we feel we could still walk away with some dignity!

Cookie, the pre-school hamster did very well and came third overall.
Pumpkin was impressed with him (even though he has a girly name!)
She's obviously attracted to success.

There's another race in 6 months - we've got to get Pumpkin into training.

4 comments:

Jeni said...

That whole thing makes me laugh!

Tara said...

That's the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. I love that you guys love Pumpkin so much.

Karen said...

Hilarious! Unbelievable cheating from the winner of the first heat. Maybe next time, Pumpkin...!

Liesa said...

Maybe you can carve pumpkin up for halloween??
Just kidding! I think it is so funny though. Can you entice them at the end with hamster treats?