When we are reading our Halloween books the 3 younger kids take it in turn deciding what to read. This means that every third night, we read "Pumpkin Heads" by Wendell Minor. It is absolutely, positively Jane's favorite.We bought this book about 8 or 9 years ago when we lived in Brooklyn. Melissa had it, and we loved reading it at her house. It's been a favorite every year since.
Pumpkin Heads a simple picture book with beautiful illustrations of many different Jack-O-Lantern pumpkins. We think carving pumpkins is one of the best things about Halloween, so really like it. I think it's also a great way to introduce young children to the idea of Jack-O-Lanterns.
There's a snowman one in this book that Jacob wants to try this year. I'm just trying to think of how we can secure 3 flame filled pumpkins stacked on top of one another ....
1 comment:
I'm sure the Halloween master (Rick) can figure out some way to make Jacob's dream of the flaming pumpkins become reality.
Post a Comment